Sunday, May 01, 2005

MAY 2005

Thursday, May 5, 2005
Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

I heard a phrase "cleanliness is next to godliness." If that is the case then I must be very godly because I clean myself often. In fact, sometimes mom thinks I’m obessive about it. However, she sometimes tries to clean me and I take offense at that. I do not need any help cleaning myself. I do just fine on my own! I think SHE is the one who’s obssesive! The truth of the matter is that I take great cleaning myself because half my fur is white and white shows dirt so easily! I want ti look good. However, I do want to be as godly as possible so I’m glad that is connected to my cleaning. I hope you stay clean and be as godly as you can!! Love, Beau

Friday, May 6, 2005
Curiosity Killed the Cat

There is a saying that curiosity killed the cat. I beg to differ. Most cats I know don’t let curiosity get the best of them. If one does, then it was a stupid move and stupidity killed them. Also, we felines have nine lives so it depends when that last life is taken. If the cat was older then most likely, it was age and or health related, not curiosity. I, myself, don’t worry about it at this point. I am still young and should be curious. I also think I am still on my first life. I won’t worry about something like that until I get to my last life and then I will be more cautious. Don’t let curiosity get the best of you! Love, Beau

Saturday, May 7, 2005
Moms
Tomorrow is mothers’s day. I don’t remember my birth mother too much because I was only about six weeks old when I was taken away from her. But, I love my human mom very much and she takes good care of me. She tries to make sure all my needs are met and that I’m healthy. She is a good mom! I also like playing with her. She is my favorite play toy! When I knead on something soft I remember being with my birth mother and nursing. I remember how that felt and it was a wonderful, warm, secure feeling. My human mom says her goal is to make sure I’m healthy, and that I feel loved, secure, and happy. I do most of the time! So, tomorrow take time to remember YOUR mom and let her know how much you appreciate her!! Love, Beau

Sunday, May 8, 2005
Food Glorious Food
Happy Mother’s Day! Today mom went out to lunch with her mom (and dad) and some family friends. She said they had a wonderful time and the food was good. I thought it was rude she didn’t bring anything back for me...not one single bite! The best I could do was smell and lick her hands for possible smells and flavors. I got her back though. I slobbered and drooled over them. I also chewed on her hand, but what I really wanted to do was bite it. Maybe then she would remember to bring me something the next time she went out! After all, her purpose is to serve me! Maybe next time she will know better. Take time to savor and enjoy the good things in life! Love, Beau

Monday, May 9, 2005
Monday, Monday!

It's Monday morning and I already have been a busy cat. I got up and played with mom and cuddled with her for a while. Then I heard a cute, little chirpy bird outside so I just HAD to go to the window and stare it down. YUM! I really wish mom would let me outside so I could get to it. I would show it who's boss! After I got bored with that I went and watched the morning news on T.V. In a little while the refrigerator guy is coming to service it. I'm not sure I like mom allowing someone I don't know into MY territory. I may have to put him in his place and show him my dark side - hissing, growling, and pouf out my fur! I just hope he likes cats! Have a great day! Be vigilant and stay safe. Love, Beau

Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Catnip is like alcohol
Catnip is like alcohol. Let's face it! It's a drug and our drug of choice! Some of us it makes mean, others it makes tipsy, and some of us (like me) it just mellows out. I have this catnip carrot that I just LOVE! I love holding it and I love rubbing my face all over it. It just makes me feel GOOD! Beside, carrots are good for you! The first time mom brought it home and let me smell it, my whole body quivered! (Head rush!!) Ever since then I have been very fond of my carrot. Sometimes I don't want mom to see me take a "hit" so I hide in the corner behind my climbing post. However, I think she knows I'm a closet junkie. Just like a fine wine, not all catnip toys are made the same. Most of my catnip toys I don't like. They just don't do it for me, but my catnip carrot is exceptional. Mom even has catnip spray that she uses on my carrier when we go out. I just mellow out and look at the pretty colors in the sky or let my mind drift. If catnip makes you mean, you should not use it. Otherwise, enjoy but act responsibly! Love, Beau

Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Cats Gone Wild!
As I understand it, there is a week sometime usually in the spring many college age humans ccongregate themselves in a state called Florida (among a few other places). I hear it's quite a happening and there is an event called "Girls Gone Wild." I hear this is a VERY BAD thing. However, I have come up with a new idea that would be a very GOOD thing: CATS gone wild! After all, people often talk about our "crazies" we go through several times a day and we like laying out in the sun! We could have all the catnip and fish we could handle, we could lay out in the sun, go through our crazies as many times as we wanted, go tearing through the halls as fast as we could run (which can be pretty fast), and hang from light fixtures. The sandy beaches would be like one huge litter box! Being a male cat, I would be on the prowl checking out the babe felines, and us guys could take out our testosterone in cat fights over the babes! I'm tired just thinking of all that! Let me know what you think! In the meantime, enjoy life and have fun! Love, Beau

Thursday, May 12, 2005
Toys!!!
Yesterday mom went to the Cat Shoppe and came back with some new toys for me. AND, she brought back some of my favorites! I have a new fishing pole with feathers on the end of it, a new catnip carrot, and small catnip ball. I love all of them! Mom makes sure I have plenty of toys to play with. My old toys that I have outgrown and or no longer play with, I either give to my cousin Smokey or donate to a no kill shelter. I believe you should pass them on instead of just throwing them away. Charity is very important! It is good to play with toys. It stimulates the mind, gives me excercise, keeps me occupied while mom is busy doing other things, and it's fun! When she isn't busy, it encourages her to give me some attention. After all, she IS my servant!! I love toys! Remember to take time to play today. Love, Beau

Friday, May 13, 2005
Friday the !3th and Black Cats

Today is Friday the 13th and a lot of people associate that with bad things happening, along with black cats, walking under ladders, and evil things. First of all, it is what you make it. It can be something bad or just another day. Second, as for black cats being a bad thing I disagree. I know some black cats and they are all harmeless and nice. They can be very loving and affectionate. Like humans, there are those who turned bad and I pray for their souls, but not all black cats are bad. I, myself, have some black in me but I have a good heart. So, next time you see a black cat don't run from it, speak to it. It will appreciate it! Life is what you make of it! Love, Beau

Saturday, May 14, 2005
Friends

Last night mom's parents had friends over toe eat dinner and play games. I think that was great! Friends are very important. Often they are as close as, and like, family. Good friends will get your back for you and be there for you when you need them. It's also fun to spend time with them, talk to them, and share things with them. However, to have friends you first need to be a friend. Mom and I have several close friends. I hope you have at least one best friend! Spend time with your friends this weekend! Love, Beau

Sunday, May 15, 2005
In trouble

Well, last night I was in big trouble! Mom and I were playing and I got a little too rough and chomped down on mom just a little too hard. Boy was she ever upset! She yelled at me and immediately put me out of the room and closed the door. She didn't even let me sleep in the bedroom last night. I tried to show her I was sorry but I still was punished. It was hard not getting to sleep with mom like I normally do. I slept outside the bedroom door wishing I was on the other side. I'm going to try and be better today. I love my mom and I don't like it when she gets upset with me. I also didn't like the consequences of my bad behavior! I hope everyone's day today is better than it was yesterday! Love, Beau

Monday, May 16, 2005
affection

I'm being very affectionate so far today. I'm still trying to make up for being bad. I'm also letting mom know how much I appreciate getting to sleep on the bed with her last night. I love cuddling with my mom and getting tummy rubs. There's nothing like a good tummy rub! Purrrr! She also rubs behind my ears and in between my shoulder blades. I like that too! I get so relaxed, and limbered up, for the day. Then I'm ready to play and start my day. I heard that a human needs three hugs a day. Cats don't like hugs but we love tummy rubs. I think we need three tummy rubs a day! How about it humans? I vote for three tummy rubs a day (and while you're at it I guess you can hug three humans)! Love, Beau

Tuesday, May 17, 2005
early morning

Mom woke up early this morning. It was too early for me. It was chilly and I was warm sleeping on the blanket at the end of the bed. It was one of those mornings when you just wanted to stay in the covers and snooze. But NOOO, she just had to get up. I gave her this blank, blinking stare that let her know she disturbed my sleep. (How rude!) But then, I woke up pretty quick. I know she's going out this morning. She never gets up this early otherwise. I don't like it when she goes out because I never know how long she's going to be gone. I miss her. Anyway, it's a beautiful day! I hope you have one too! Love, Beau

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
socks-give me socks!

I love socks. I mean I realllly love socks. I love to attack mom when she has them on. I also like them as a scratching post when she has them on. (Mom does NOT like that!) I like to play tug of war with mom using a sock, or jump at it and chase it. They're very soft to lay on! However, my most favorite thing to do with a sock is to hold it in my paws and rub my face all over it and roll around on the floor. I especially like to do this after mom has been wearing them because it has her scent on it. I don't know why I like that so much but I do. It just feels good! I hope you have a favorite thing YOU like to do! Have a good day! Love, Beau

Thursday, May 19, 2005
birthdays

Today mom, her parents, and Ms. Mary are going out to lunch at a fish place to celebrate mom's birthday. Actually her birthday was a month ago but celebrating it had to be postponed. I think it is so wrong that they are going to eat fish and not take me with them. Have they forgotten cats like fish? I don't think mom will bring any home for me either because she says fish doesn't keep well. Maybe she will get some at the grocery for me! Mom has a friend that never celebrates his birthday. That's sad! I think everyone, including cats (and yes, even dogs) should celebrate their birthday. Everyone is important and one should therefore celebrate his or her life. And as stressful as life can be at times, one should celebrate you made it through another year. So celebrate your life! Love, Beau

Friday, May 20, 2005
Raindrops keep falling on my head
Last night we had a very bad storm with lots of thunder and lightning. I didn't like it too much. During the storm, I stayed close to mom. We had such bad storms that an area north of us had possible tornadoes. Today it is still raining hard. It is also very dark outside. It looks like evening, even though it's morning. That means I won't be going outside on my leash today. That's okay. I'm getting my energy out by racing through our home as fast as I can and seeing how high I can jump. It's exhileating, and so much fun! It's not always safe to play in the rain, or go singing in it, but I can still have a good time indoors. I hope rain doesn't stop you from having a good time. Love, Beau

Saturday, May 21, 2005
bad behavior

Mom called the vet yesterday. Apparently, according to her, I have behavorial "issues." For the record, I do not think I have behavorial "issues." I am just a strong-willed cat who knows my mind. Besides, from what I hear, mom was a very strong-willed child and adolescent. I don't think she has the right to judge me. Anyway, I think she's just really trying to help me be all that I can be. I appreciate and love her for that. That means she loves me and believes in me! Speaking of bad behavior, I would like to take a minute to address human bad behavior. It is a horrible tragedy when someone is so sick and cruel they throw out helpless animals out of a moving vehicle. Yesterday there were reports of this happening to both puppies and kittens. I, personally, would like to scratch their eyes out. I mourn the loss of the five puppies who didn't make it and the two missing kittens. For those who rescued the rest, thank you and God bless you. SO, be vigilant and take care of yourselves out there! And if you are reading this, contact me and let me know what YOU think! Love, Beau

Sunday, May 22, 2005
the bandana

Dogs are not the only ones with bandanas anymore. Cats have them too. I have a very small wardrobe of some bandanas. I'm 'stylin' now! Last night one of my bandanas, mom was trying to help me put on, landed on my back. It then slid down onto my tail without falling off. I noticed it there and tried to get it but I couldn't reach it. Everytime I tried, it moved too. I was going in circles chasing my tail! It even stayed on my tail when I jumped up onto the counter to my water bowl! I finally went in circles fast enough it fell into the sink. After all that work, I just sat there looking at it puzzled not knowing what to do with it next now that it was off. I WAS proud that I finally succeeded in removing it! Have an exciting day! Love, Beau

Monday, May 23, 2005
waking up mom

I found out accidently this morning a good way to get mom up in a hurry. Jump up on the bed while she's still sleeping and start hacking! I thought she was still sound asleep, but when I started hacking she sure did wake up and sit up in a hurry! She also promptly removed me from the bed and put me on the floor. As usual, I had eaten something I wasn't supposed to and it didn't agree with me. Yes, I did get it to come back out. That meant mom definitely had to get up and clean up after me. (She's good about cleaning up after me and always tells me it's okay, even if it's not.) Thing is, it didn't keep her awake. After she cleaned up she went back to bed and slept a little longer. I've got to work on KEEPING her up! By the way, I wouldn't recommend hacking up something on the bed if it's a favorite napping spot or where you sleep at night. Have a good day and watch what you eat! Love, Beau

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Moves

I have this move I like to do. I call it the jump and slide. This is exactly what I do. I jump, or pounce, at something and then I slide into it the rest of the way. I saw something like this on T.V. once. It was done by a man running around a square. There was a smaller square he sort of lunged at then slid into. Since he was outside, dirt flew everywhere. He got very dirty. I thought it looked like fun, even though he didn't look like he was having fun. So, I decided to try it and it WAS fun! I don't think he did it right. I also don't think he was as agile as me. Mom laughs when I do my move so she must like it too! Everyone should have their own specail move. Love, Beau

Wednesday, May 25, 2005
Weedeaters and blowers
This morning I awoke to the sound of a weed eater and then a blower. You would think I would get used to them by now. After all, I hear them at least once a week! I don't get used to them. I hate those sounds! The weedeater sounds like a giant bee on steroids! The blower is just loud and annoying. In addition to be annoying to me, there are two young puppies living above us and it upsets them. They start yapping and barking. I feel for them! How can one rest with that going on? I like how my outside view improves once the lawn caretakers are done, but I wish they could put a muffler on their tools. Better yet, create a mute button on them! If I ever discover a way to do that, I will patent it and make lots of money. Until then, I hope you have peaceful and relaxing mornings. Love, Beau

Thursday, May 26, 2005
Reunions

Mom goes to get her parents today to bring them home. I don't like that she will be gone so much today, but I am SO excited grandpa and momma S. are coming home. They are so much fun! They play with me and give me lots of attention. The other day grandpa picked me up, stroked me, and held me for a minute. I was so touched. He doesn't often pick me up! (I think he likes me!) I hope they come see me when they get back, or at least e-mail me to let me know they're home. I can' t wait to see them! We should all keep in touch, and stay close, to those we love! Love, Beau

Friday, May 27, 2005
Memorial Day weekend

Some cats may not know what Memorial Day is all about since it is a human thing. My mom told me so I will tell you. It is a day humans remember those who died in service. We felines should have our own memorial day. Many cats (and dogs) are in service. Some of us help the blind and other handicapped humans. There are also those who help with fires and drug searches which can be extremely dangerous. We also are all in service in that we love and care for our humans, and bring joy and love into their homes and lives. Not all survive. So, I think we should have our own rememberance celebration. I think this would also be a good time to encourage people to adopt and foster the lost. One of mom's friends said, "Beau would you tell your friends that fostering is cool and there are a lot of great cats, kttens, dogs and puppies out there that their lives hinge on people who could spare some extra love and take care of them till they are either old enough to adopt out or the Rescues and Animal Controls have room for them so they can be adopted. It is completely rewarding and it is a way to help some of Gods creatures know it's not such a horrible world out there." Let's remember, celebrate, look after each other, and make this world a better place for ALL.
Love, Beau

Saturday, May 28, 2005
Automatic timers
I find automatic timers a little unnerving, especially when mom first got one. Think about it! I'm home alone and all of the sudden a light comes on all by itself! I found this unnerving. I was beginning to think our place was haunted! It took me a while to realize this happens every day, whether mom is here or not. I also did some investigation and found the light was now connected to a little square thing with pegs in it. This square thing somehow makes the lights go on and off. Fascinating! I have become somewhat accustomed to this now, but still get startled by it at times. Like, this morning for instance, I was soundly snoozing on mom's bed and I suddenly realized the light had come on in the other room. Mom was still with ME! This can also be annoying if I'm trying to sleep! I guess I just have to learn to deal with the changes life brings! Love, Beau

Sunday, May 29, 2005
Mom's haribrush

I like playing with mom's hairbrush. However, she had to go buy a new hairbrush yesterday. The one she had did what grandpa's hair did. Once it started getting older the bristles started coming out. Now that I think about it, grandpa's hair turned white before it started falling out. I am a a male with a lot of white hair. I am also getting older. Heck! I hope MY hair doesn't start falling out. I don't think I would look good as a hairless cat! Maybe I need to talk to mom about getting me some Rogaine to start putting in my fur. I'd better do that today! I'd better go now so I can go talk to mom. She's getting ready to go to church, being Sunday and all. I'll miss mom's old brush, but I would miss my fur more! Have a blessed Sunday and pray for my fur! Love, Beau

Monday, May 30, 2005
laser light

Thanks to Aunt T., mom bought me a laser light yesterday. Now she keeps shining that red dot everywhere. I'm starting to see spots all the time, even when it's not on! The laser dot reminds me of a firefly at night, but stuck on the on position and overheated (hence the red). I was SO excited when she brought it home and showed it to me! I finally feel like I'm in the "in" crowd! However, I try acting nonchalant and unimpressed by the whole thing. That's what we cats do! Also, if I act nonchalant about my cat toy things, mom will just keep buying toys trying to find something I seem interested in! We cats CAN outsmart our humans! Keep this in mind when your human brings home a new toy! I hope you take time to play today. (Remember to wear life jackets in and on the water, be careful with fire and fireworks, supervise children, don't drink and drive, and don't eat too much.) I care about you! Love, Beau

Tuesday, May 31, 2005
visiting

Yesterday I got to go with mom to her parents house. Overall, it was lots of fun and I got plenty of extra attention. I've been there several times before, but it had been a while. There were lots of different things, smells, and places to check out. Mom thought her parents would freak since she didn't tell them in advance I was also coming, but they were way cool about it! They welcomed me and made me accepted. I appreciated that! Mom didn't let me on their sofa like she does at home. They played a tune on their big music box thing called "Stars and Stripes." It was very upbeat and catchy. I patted my tail to it. I have several stories to tell this week about my adventure to and from their house. Until next time, I hope you have your own adventure to tell about! Love, Beau

No comments: