Wednesday, March 01, 2006

MARCH 2006

Wednesday, March 1, 2006
WHY Mom...WHY???
I got a bath this morning. A bath with that fu-fu smelling shampoo. Not only did I suffer intense humiliation over the bath, but I once again smelled like a female and hed prickly porcupine looking fur. I tried to get away and get out of it -- I really did -- but mom held me down so I couldn't (humiliation). All I could do was look up at her with pitiful looking eyes, and ask her, "WHY, mom, WHY?" I wanted to cry but I'm a male so I sucked it up. If all this wasn't bad enough she left me there (humiliation) and got the camera to take pictures (humiliation). The final blow to my manhood was when I got chilled and shivered so she wrapped me up in blankets like a mummy. At least she didn't take a picture of THAT. I wanted to run away. I really did. I would have too if I could have found her keys. Mom got a picture (below) of me looking for her keys. If you look closely you can see I'm soaked. I need a huge nip hit and a VERY long nap. It's been a BAAAD day. Call Jinky. Love, Beau.


Thursday, March 2, 2006
You got questions -- I got answers!
Okay, to answer the most pressing question, mom states that while I do keep myself very clean, I had a poopy smell all over me like I had been playing in my box, which she keeps well (which I had NOT). She stated she figured that's not caused it but she wanted to get the stink off me. That is why she bathed me. I would like to put that whole ugly incident behind me. Mom got a report from Grandpa today about how his sister is doing. We are pleased to annouce her surgery went well and she is doing pretty good. She is not having much pain through rehab. They are giving her pain chunks and putting ice on her hip to help the pain and swelling. And, I got to outside on my leash today and it was wonderful. I couldn't get enough of the fresh air! I really enjoyed myself. I hope you have had a good day also! Love, Beau

Friday, March 3, 2006
Oscar the human???
I want to know who this human is named Oscar that is getting all the attention lately, and is going to be honored this weekend. I know of Oscar Meyer, Oscar the Grouch, and our cat friend Oscar. But who is this guy? They are even handing out gold statues of him to lots of people. Which brings me to another question. Why are only some people getting a statue and others not? That doesn't really seem fair to me if they're all there to honor him! Maybe they are his best friends, but that still doesn't seem fair. I can see why the ones with gold statues are so excited. So many humans. So few statues. I think I would like to know him just to find out what's so special about him. But then again, what does anyone REALLY know about this person. I will have to research this person and think about things. Love, Beau


Saturday, March 4, 2006
Advice from Beau
Recently Valderbar asked if a lack of purring would cause the human to put one down faster from an unwanted pick up. Don't count on it. At least not at our place. Whether or not I purr doesn't seem to have any affect. If mom is is in one of her very touchy-feely moves the only thing that can get her to put me down faster is excessive nail scratching, and or biting. Otherwise, I'm better off just letting her get it out of her system knowing she will leave me alone (hopefully) for a while. So, my best advice is if you see that you're about to be picked up, and it's unwanted RUN! If you don't see it coming, bite, scratch, or endure it then ask for treats. Love, Beau


Sunday, March 5, 2006
Forgive me...
Mom says I need to go to the kitty confessional and then to detox. She needs to go to confession also because it's all HER fault. I'm way nipped out right so (so forgive me if my thoughts are strange). She went to PetSmart for me today to get a bag of litter, my Secret Paw and Hare mail stuff. She also came back with one of those catnip pillow toys I gave Timmy. Uhhh....it was GOOOD. I rolled around with it for a few minutes and that was all it took. I've lost track of time, but mom says I was at full speed and hyper for at least 5-10 minutes, now I'm just hanging around dazed. I think I need to sleep this high off. I think I'm also glad she bought some more food home as well for when I get the muchies. Well, I'm going to lie down now. "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned...." Love, Beau


Monday, March 6, 2006
OSCAR: What I Learned
Last night I watched some of the show about Oscar, but didn't actually learn a lot. First of all, I think he's very rude because I never actually saw him, or anyone else named Oscar. Just his statues. What I did find out is that he is 78 and belongs to an academy. I think he's old to still be in school, so he must not be too smart. I also think it must have been his birthday since they were celebrating he was 78. The statues of him must have been party favors for SPECIAL guests. He also strives for excellence so he must be a perfectionist. I noticed that every time some got a statue they started rambling. Everyone also laughed a lot at the people while they were talking, but I didn't see what was so funny. Finally, when the person sat back down eveyrone applauded. I think they were glad the person finally shut up. This is all I know. Never did learn much about Oscar himself, just his party. Love, Beau


Tuesday, March 7, 2006
How I handle it
I've read everyone fussing over it, and I have talked about it before too. So, this time I thought I would SHOW you how I handle it. Mom often stays on the computer way too long and stays up at night way too late. (I think she gets this from Grandpa.) I usually end up going to bed before she does, which is just not natural since I'm a cat! Sometimes, when I really want mom's undivided attention, I take things into my own paws. Below is a picture of me actually sitting on the mousy thing and giving mom an evil stare, which says, "Get OFF the computer NOW or die!" Sometimes you just got to put your paw down. Enough is enough! Hope this help YOU. Love, Beau


Wednesday, March 8-11, 2006
Catoympics Sign-Up Info -- Gymnastics-balance beam, tumbling floor routine, curling (two parts: tail & whole body), fitting into small boxes; track and field-hairball hurling, speed racing, high jump, litter throw, climbing (two parts: screen & tower); sumo wrestling (for larger cats); yowling; tub soccer (team sport), and opening torch relay. When signing up you need to provide ALL the following information: Name, if you'll be a torch carrier (state/country), sport(S), age (for right group), and if you're sumo wrestling, weight (for right group). a logo will be provided for all participatants, and possibly a special one torch carriers. Thanks to Paches, there will be a nap-a-thon as a closing ceremony. Instructions to get there to come. You CAN sign up for as many events as you want. (Please do!) Curling tail & body, although 2 parts are actually 1 event. If you sign up for Curling, you compete in both. If we get enough participants in this, we MIGHT make it separate. The same goes for the climbing event. If you're not sure about age/ weight, guess age range. We need name, age, competitions, and weight (if sumo wrestling) in order to participate, and where live if in torch relay. Age & or weight groups will be assigned after sign-up ends. There WILL be nip testing prior to competitions so make sure you're clean. If you fail, you will not be allowed to compete until it's out of your system. Sign-up deadline: April 30. Present timeline: register until April 30. Then groups and torch route made. First 2 weeks in June are the relay and the 3rd Saturday in June it will end at Patches, where competitions will take place ending with nap-a-thon. To prepare, practice a LOT, and maybe even get a coach. Good luck! And for now, Cat Talk page will become Catolympic page (except for sign-up.) Love, Beau

Sunday, March 12, 2006
Cat Talk Is Now Catolympics page
Please note the Cat Talk page is now the
Catolympics page. Details of events and updates will be posted there. Sign-up still on this homepage. Normal blogging will also resume! (YEAAA!)

Happy Anniversary!
I am late in mentioning this because of the Catolympic stuff, and also because I waited until they could see this, but this past Thursday, March 9 was Grandpa and Momma S.'s 48th wedding anniversary. Congratulations! Mom and I are so very proud of you! Momma S. was asked by someone what her advice, or their secret, was to a long, successful marriage. She told them, "Stay and work things out. Don't walk away (from problems)." We think that is wise and wonderful advice. (Disclaimer: Mom says both people have to want to work things out for it to work.) We love you! Way to go! Love, Beau (and mom)


Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Thinking
My mom is a creative person so I like to try to be too. Like, last night mom had the nerve to trying my nails. (Yeah right. She's not learned yet THAT's a bad idea!) It always gets me very hissy and upset. So, I creatively come up with ways to express my anger without getting into trouble. For example, mom knows I miss the litterbox sometimes because I'm so big I accidently hang my rear over the edge So, sometimes I think "outside the box" and poop just outside it. Unless she's actually there, she doesn't know whether or not it was an accident, so she can't get mad at me. (heehee!) Learn from this. Oh, and mom helped me figure out how to have r
egular comments also since I chaged the Cat Talk page to Catolympic. Regular comments will now be found on the
Contact Me page! Mom is so smart! Love, Beau

Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Happy Birthday!
I wanted to wish a fantastic birthday to two very special felines: Timmy and Moose. Timmy had a birthday yesterday and I understand he got a bowl of treats! Hope they were yummy, Timmy! Moose will be 1 tomorrow! Happy 1st birthday Moose! Hope you get lots of yummy treats and wonderful toys! I hope both of you will have many more birthdays to come! Love, Beau (Catolympic note: we still need participants in hairball hurling, tub soccer, climbing, and litter throw. Check that page's list for your name and events. Thanks!) Love, Beau


Thursday, March 16, 2006
Tribute to Moses
It is with tremendous sorrow that I say good-bye to Moses. You are a very enjoyable kitty and I will miss reading your blog and knowing what is going on with you. I appreciate your friendship and I'm glad that we had the chance to meet and become friends this past year. You are a very handsome, rugged, personable kitty, and I wish you all the best in your new life. If you ever need a place to stay, please feel free to get in touch with me and I will help you. I will miss you terribly and your abssence will leave a hole in my heart. Please keep in touch and let us all know how you're TRULY doing. Take care and Godspeeed. I love you and will miss you. (choke on tears) Love, your forever friend, Beau


Friday, March 17, 2006
More Birthdays--reasons to celebrate!
Despite the general upset and sadness felt throught the cat blogger community there are reasons to celebrate. Buddah just had his 1st birthday! You go, Buddah! How time flies! And tonight there is a party at Buddy & Finnegan's also celebrating a birthday, as well as St. Patrick's day. Happy Birthday and St. Pat's day! Have many, many more! You age well! I hope to see everyone at the party tonight. It starts at 6:00 pm. We still need some Catolympic participants in a few events, especially hairball hurling and litter throw, so go check the list. If you've signed up, please check the list for your names. Also, some of you we need your ages. You will be contacted. Have fun at the party tonight...and remember don't drink and teleport! (heehee) Love, Beau


Saturday, March 18, 2006
Aftermath
Well, Buddy & Finnegans's party was so much fun...but it got wild, out of control, and well...interesting. I got into huge trouble when I got home and I'm not allowed to go to anymore parties for a very long time, if ever. Anyway, I don't have much to say about it and I don't want to talk about. All I want to say is that what happened there should STAY there. Don't bug me or ask me anything. That's all. Oh, and as for Catolympics, we desperately need litter throwers and a couple of other things. And for clarification, the nap-a-thon is closing ceremonies, not an actual competition. No need to sign up for that unless it's the only thing you're going to,

then let Patches know.

Sunday, March 19, 2006
On trust, respect, letting go, and forgiveness
I asked for privacy and got none. I asked for things not to be talked about and they were. Things present, and other recent pasts, need to be let go. Time to move on. Concentrate on positives, not negatives. "Father forgive them. They know not what they do." I forgive you / them. Will be laying low for a while, reading not much writing. And there will still be Catolympics. Still need litter throwers and hairball hurlers. Take care and God bless. Love, Beau


Monday, March 20, 2006
Just a sleepin'
Today is very rainy and cold so it's a good to catch up on my napping. The lastest report about Grandpa's sister is that she is supposed to be going home today. She has spent a little time with mom's cousin (her nephew). However, HIS mom fell, hurt herself badly, is on strong medication, and got overmedicated from it. Grandpa is down there waiting to see what happens, and right now the whole thing is a mess and unsure. Mom is here helping look after Momma S. So, things are pretty wild in our family right now. Mom hope to get caught up on Catolympic stuff this week. Hope all is well with your family. Tomorrow I will have a poem for you. We now ONLY need Tub Soccer and event anooucers ONLY for Catolympics. Love, Beau


Tuesday, March 21, 2006
A Silly Poem by Beau
There once was a cute kitty, Who stuck his head in a shoe. He had so much fun he didn't know what to do! (heehee) THE END
Playing with bags-today I played with several paper bags mom brough home to me. Once I finished with one I went to the other. I swatted at them, stuck my head and paws inside, and even crawled into them. It was lots of fun! I did learn one thing. Not all bag are made for crawling into. I tore up the first bag trying to get into it. That's okay. It was still lots of fun. All that playing was tiring and messy so when I was done I took a nice long bath, then a nap and dreamed about how much fun I had. Oh, and grandpa's sis is home, but we don't know about the other aunt and right now my site is being featured on Brat Cats' site! YEAAAA!
Catolympics-need Tub soccer players and commentators for the events. That's all! Love, Beau


Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Confusion and Excitement!
First of all, please take a moment to check the updated particpant list on the Catolympic page to be sure you are correctly registerd for your event(s). Also, head over to Patches for where the events will be taking place at her house. It will be listed today or tomorrow. I'm SOOO excited. I found out the other day the Brat Cats are featuring MY site this month. For real! Click on the blue buton below to check it out and vote for me. Now, for deeper thoughts. Yesterday was the first day of "spirng," the warmer weather season. We had been having warm, sunny weather. (Flowers blooming, chirpy birds, nice new grass to roll in.) The first night of our new warm season we had winter cold. Mom said something about the 20's. I don't get it. I'm confused. Help me. Love, Beau


Thursday, March 23, 2006
Closed Doors
Closed doors -- don't like them. You can't see through most of them to see what's on the other side, and you can't stick your paw far enough under them to feel anything (usually) that's on the other side. Then there's the oppositional thumb problem and not being able to turn the handle thing very well. Cats are independent by nature. We don't like being dependent on others to help us do stuff. This just reminds us of that. I think all doors should have, what humans call pet doors, automatically built into them. I think an ideal door would be a see through door, with handles for those of us without oppositional thumbs, and a "pet door" at the bottom so that we would have a choice. I may patent one some day. I bet it would make lots of money! Love, Beau


Friday, March 24, 2006
ZZZzzzzzz...
This has been such a non exciting day. Not much happening here (except winter cold and rain). Mom was even gone for a while because she had to take Momma S. to an appointment then they met Grandpa for lunch. (No, she didn't bring me something back.) This morning it was sunny so I was hoping to be able to spend some time outside today, but it was cold, and all yucky, by the time mom got back. So, I slept most of the day. I even went into the big, dark closet, curled up and went into a deep sleep. What mom doesn't know is that means I will be VERY awake tonight and wanting to play when SHE wants to sleep! (heehee) Love, Beau


Saturday, March 25, 2006
Family Update-the 2 aunts
First mom's aunt that had the hip surgery is back home. Last mom knew she was doing okay as could be. Mom's second aunt who fell is not doing well. She has a crack in her hip right above her leg, and also has double pneumonia. She has a sack of fluid on the outside of lung. Mom said she is on four anti-bio-tics, and the human v-e-t had to wait until the pneumonia goes away. Like first aunt, she is older, but not older than dirt, and has other health issues. Please pray for mom's aunt(s). On a positive note, Angie found out she had a her-kneea, not tumors. We're VERY happy for her! We hope everyone else is in good health and having a great weekend. Love, Beau


Sunday, March 26, 2006
SO Busy...!
Mom and I have been very busy getting ready for the Catolympics. We hear through Patches that a LOT of you have been praticing. That's good (and good to know-we haven't heard much)! I think there will be some close competition. Below is a picture of me "crunchin' some numbers on it. Right now there are over 65 cats participating! (And there is still a month to go of sign-ups.) WOW!! We read a comment on Patches blog that said the person thought this was going to be the event of the year. I hope not because that's a lot of pressure! We still need a few tub soccer players and event announcers. Speaking of events (whispers) April 14 is mom's birthday. Timmy's mom's birthday is April 23. Oh, and good news: mom's second aunt is now doing much better! Take time today to thank God for something good in YOUR life. He'll appreciate it! Love, Beau


Monday, March 27, 2006
Routine
I know mom's schedule and her routine. I can even tell by her clothes whether or not she's going out. I like knowing her routine. I like the security and predicability of it. It feels safe and I know what to expect. I like that. However, it's MY job to shake things up a bit by doing something unexpected like leaping from the tops of furniture onto the bed...while she's sleeping (heehee). Life is like that. Many things are predictable but there are surprises thrown in...both good and bad. I like the good surprises! I think there will be many good surprises at the Catolympics. For example, despite what his mother thinks I think Fat Eric WILL fit into a really small box. Mind over matter. It's all about that (and flexibilty). Think about it! Love, Beau


Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Renegade Cat
I read about a cat today named Lewis.
Lewis is a six toed cat in trouble with the law. Seems Lewis uses his claws on more than just a scatching post and has a mean mischievious streak in him. According to the article, he has been terrorizing the humans of the neighhborhood he lives in and has caused some to seek medical treatment. He is attacking people, and even ambushed the Avon lady! (Mom thought that part was funny.) He is so out of control that he was served with a restraining order and is under house arrest. His mom was also charged. To read the whole article, click on above link. Love, Beau

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mom's nuts!
Mom decided that I was needing someone to play with, and since mom is not able to get another fursibling for me, she decided to act weird(er than normal.. heehee). She hid in the kitchen until I came around the corner then came flying out of there saying she was going to get me. Scared me to death! Made me jump. Then she started chasing me everywhere so I had to RUN! Finally she stopped, wrestled and played with me. Okay I admit it...it was fun! I enjoyed it...but I still say mom is nuts! Love, Beau


Thursday, March 30, 2006
The Incident
I have LOTS to tell you about, but today I'm going to tell you about "the incident." It was not pretty. It was quite painful, in fact. Mom's wheeled chair slightly rolled backwards when I was next to it and...YOOOOOWL! It got my tail which really hurt. I thought she broke it and I ran across the room hiding under a chair. When I finally came out mom checked my tail. It was not broken, but she did find a clump of hair at "the incident" area. I'm okay, along with my tail, just somewhat traumatized and missing a clump of hair now. I need some kitty crack and a nap. Love, Beau


Friday, March 31, 2006

Grandpa's Birthday!
I am SO excited! Today is Grandpa's birthday. I'm not allowed to say how old he is, but he's lots older than mom but not as old as the two aunts. I wanted to do something special for him because I love him so much, so I did this poem: Grandpa you're one cool cat. No one can argue THAT! You're so cool, you're like ice, but that means you're especially nice. Grandpa, I love you so very much. You're my friend. Please keep in touch. Birthday greetings to you I send! (I hope he likes it!) And I send greeting and love to all of you. Hope you have a wonderful day! Love, Beau

No comments: