Thursday, June 01, 2006

June 2006

Saturday, June 3, 2006
Excitin' times!
Reading about the torch relay has been so exciting and fun. I can't wait to meet Boo and leave with the torch on Wednesday. We've had lots of rain and sky boomers lately so I've been unable to be outside so I'm looking forward to this. I've been running through the condo a lot building up my endurance and leg muscles. I need to check with the weather report for that day to see if I need to wear my all weather cape or not. Mom is going to fix both me and Boo a bag to take with us, her for the trip home and me for my run. It will have food and bottled water in it. After I leave she will go part way back with Boo to make sure she gets safely started home. I can't wait! (Wednesday this whole page will be dedicated to the torch relay.) Love, Beau

Monday, June 5 2006
Boo Watch
I'm so excited! Boo gets here with the torch today! I started watching for him early this morning since I don't know when he'll get here. I can't wait to meet him and spend some time getting to know him. Mom has stocked up on Stinky Goodness and crunchies, and LOTS of water for him. She even made an extra cushy place for him to sleep tonight. Oh, this is so exciting! And tomorrow I go to Chicago to give the torch to Hopper! Keep watching my blog for details in the next 24 hours. As things happen I will be posting (or mom will). I can't wait! Love, Beau

Tuesday, June 6, 2006
Meeting Boo
Here I am meeting Boo at the Tennessee welcome sign just over the state line. I met here there and and came the rest of the way back here with her. Boo's mom: She is doing fine and misses you too. She was hot and tired when she got here, but Boo ate a big meal and drank lots of water and now is resting comfortably. We plan to play some tomorrow morning before we both leave. I will post more pictures tomorrow. Love, Beau

Wednesday, June 7, 2006
The Journey Begins
I'm ready to head to Chicago. Mom is about to disconnect me from my leash. I will be wearing my id tags including the one that shows I'm microchipped, and I have a new flea and tic break-away collar. Mom even gave me a vitamin yesterday and today to give me extra energy. In my bag is crunchies, water, and a GPS. There is a crowd of people behind the cameras cheering me on. I take a moment to reflect on everything and tell mom I love her. She is very emoitional and tells me to be good and be safe, and she's proud of me. She tells a cameraman, "that's my boy!" I wave to the crowd, kiss mom, then I'm off. This is so exciting! I can't wait to get to Chicago! Love, Beau


Thursday, June 8, 2006
Meeting Boo-The Big Event!

Here is Hopper and I in downtown Chicago. I am about to paw over the torch to Hopper. We were asked to do the pawover in this big open space so that everyone there could come. We arrived to a media frenzy and shouts of, "Go Hopper and Beau!" Oprah heard about it and even came! We got to have our picture taken with her, but I'm having to go through a lot of red tape to try getting a copy. Hopefully I will get to post that picture. I have had a great time here and being with Hopper
Back Home
I'm back home and very tired from my trip. When I first got home I was so excited I kept running real fast around the condo over and over, and talking non-stop about my trip. I finally just HAD to take I nap! It is a trip I will NEVER forget, and I've made some good (closer) friends in the process. Excuse me now while I dream about it! Love, Beau


Friday, June 9, 2006
Have you heard?
Now I've heard everything. Meow Mix has created a
Big Brother House for cats. Yep, you read that right. A bunch of shelter felines are moving in to a house, especially made for cats, to compete for executive positions with Meow Mix...and yes, there will be voting out. There will be two winners-most popular, and the last cat left. The great thing is when a cat is voted out they go directly into a permament home. It's a win-win situation. This, of course, will be shown on Animal Planet. Click on the above link to read more about it. You'll be amazed! Love, Beau

Monday, June 12, 2006

Praying for Susan
Please remember to keep Edsel's mom in your hearts and prayers today as she goes through brain surgery and recovery. This is a difficult time for the whole family. Below are the prayer vigil times, but you may pray at anytime and throughtout the day. (It is encouraged.) Please note additional evening vigil time. Edsel's family, we are thinking of you and we're praying for you! Godspeed! Love, Beau

Sunday, June 11, 2006
Prayer Vigil Times
All times are AM unless noted.
lst........5:00 PST; 6:00 MST; 7:00 CST; 8:00 EST (Time surgery is to start) 2nd......10:00 PST; 11:00 MST; 12:00 noon CST; 1:00 p.m. EST 3rd.......6:00 PM PST; 7:00 PM MST 8:00 PM CST; 9:00 PM EST
**Anytime you wish, if you can't make these times."
The Calico Girls are having 2 prayer vigils for her. We need EVERYONE to PARTICPATE. If you are someone reading this and don't know her, she is having brain surgery because there is something there that doesn't belong and they don't know what it is. Please say a prayer for her.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Catolympic Mania
Let the Games Begin!!!!!!!! Events Saturday night at
Catolympic Site: Saturday, June 17, 6-8 pm (CDT) 2-4 pm (HST) 3-5 pm (AKST) 4-6 pm (PST)5-7 pm (MST)6-8 pm (CST)7-9 pm (EST)** Closing ceremony immediately after.

Sunday, June 18, 2006
Part of God's Plan
I recently was sent this email: "Animals do not have a soul. How, then is it preached that animals are included in the plan and WHERE in the bible King James Version does it say that? I’ve read the bible all the way thru and I JUST DON’T SEE IT. Please show me the verse or verses that are proof.Thank you." I wanted to answer this person's question. I don't expect people to necessarily have the same beliefs as me, but I do believe that animals are "in the plan," and that the Holy Bible repeated confirms that throughout, even though I do believe their souls are different from ours. So, to this person I say here are some verses to look up: Psalms 24:1a, 33:5b, 33:14. 104:24-25. 50:10-12; 1 Timothy 4:4; Hebrews 4:13; Deuteronomy 5:14; Ecclesiates 3:19; and Jeremiah 27:5. These are just a few of them. I hope this helps answer your question. Love, Beau

Monday, June 19, 2006
Going offline
Grandpa is on his way to pick up our computer to have it worked on. So, before he gets here we just wanted to tell everyone to have a great week, we enjoyed seeing everyone at the Catolympics. A special thanks goes out to Patches' mom for all her amazing help and all that she did. Also, big thanks to all the otheres who put in such a huge effort and all the participation. Grandpa is here now, so I have to go! Love, Beau

Saturday, June 24, 2006

From the Library
We're coming to you today from the library. This is the first day we've even been able to get here due to bad storms. This has been our week: Monday the computer went to the fix-it place. Tuesday and Wednesday they tried to find out what the problem was with and without the keyboard. Thursday mom took me out on my leash and there were lots of birds around so I played "big game hunter kitty!" It was lots of fun! Friday Grandpa brought home the computer but nothing much was done to it. Tomorrow we hopefully will have it up and running again! YEAAAA!! Hope everyone has had a good week and is having a wonderful weekend! Love, Beau

Sunday, June 25, 2006
Weee're BAAAACK!!
Yeah, I know. You missed me. I missed you too! Have you ever seen a human go without a computer for a week that's not used to it? It's kind of unnerving! Computer withdrawal is NOT good! Mom kept wanting to type on a keyboard...ANY keyboard. I kept having to play with her just to keep her hands busy. It was a LOT of hard work! If that wasn't bad enough, when Grandpa brought our stuff back, we had to wait an additional 2 days before he could hook up things. Know what it's like to watch your human stare at a blank, black screen longingly? It's sad. There should be some sort of drug a human could take for this...they have drugs for everything else. Now that mom can happily type away, I can finally get a good nap in! I'm going to take an na...zzzzzzzzz. Love, Beau

Monday, June 26, 2006
BAAAD Idea
Mom was watching a rerun of a show today and this famous woman, who had 2 dogs, was going to introduce them to the new dog familly member ON THE PICTURE BOX, Now, I don't know about you, but I think that's a REALLY bad idea. First of all, it just might not go so well and be embarassing and humiliating for everyone. Second, it puts a lot of pressure and stress on the other 2 fur sibs. What if they don't like this new dog? They just have to look oh so happy about it because they're on the picture box with millions of people watching them. It's just not fair...to ANY of them. The stress on the the two and the possibility of humiliation to the third could put them all on prozac (and nip if they were cats). Lastly, a fight might break out and they might end up on a different show. Then again, it could have a happy outcome. Love, Beau

Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Where's the box?
There's a thing on the picture box that shows a cat who can't find its litterbox because he can't smell it.. Actually, there are two. In one he has a bloodhound dog helping him look for it. In the other he does a computer search. The human voice in the background says that this is a good thing. WRONG!! I honestly find this to be a very distubing and insulting thing. First, it makes us felines look stupid. Second, I would be very concerned about a fellow cat that suddenly was unable to find its litterbox. Something is seriously wrong with that cat. I know where MY litterbox is whether or not I can smell it. I'm sure you do too (for those of you who use one)! I feel compassion for this cat because it must be an older cat with health problems. However, I'm still insulted it makes us look really stupid? What do YOU think? Love, Beau


Wednesday, June 28, 2006
A New Attitude
I have asked mom to change my byline because I don't like being called mean or a machine, but she wants some help with ideas. Please help my mom. I am NOT a machine! I am a sensitive, caring, loving cat with lots of thoughts, ideas, and emotions. MOM SAYS WE WON'T DECIDE UNTIL AFTER THIS HOME STUFF IS DONE SO PLEASE SEND SUGGESTIONS. Mom's are baaad!! Love, Beau


Thursday, June 29, 2006
Hit and Run Kitty
For those of you who haven't heard, a guy named Malcolm found a kitten that had been a victim of hit and run. The kitten was still alive so he scooped it up and rushed it to a vet. The kitten had to have hip surgery. The total vet bill is running him $1300, and that's with the vet writing the majority off. Malcolm needs our help. He did the right thing by taking the kitten to the vet and saving it's life, but he doesn't have that kind of money. He has set up a donation place on his website (through PayPal). For those of you who are skeptical you can view the kitten, her x-rays, and itemized vet bill all on his site (link below). The kitten will also need a forever home AND a name as well. To read more about the kitten, vote for a name, and to PLEASE donate to the kitty's medical fund go to http://www.droppedin.com. Thanks! Love, Beau

Friday, June 30, 2006
Update on Hit and Run Kitty
At last check Malcom's
kitty fund was just short $100 of reaching the $1300. He has stated that any excess funds will go to a chairtable animal charity. We can do this! We're almost there! I don't know Malcolm personally but he seems to be a kind person with a good heart. He also seems to be taking really good care of kitty! We appreciate that so much! Kitty is still wanting to hide under the bed and pooped in a wrong place last night. Otherwise, she seems to be doing okay. Not only do we need to reach the financial goal (if not more), we need to PRAY for kitty's recovery, her mom wherever she is and any fursibs, that they all get forever homes & names, and for Malcolm and Jillian. Love, Beau

No comments: