Tuesday, May 01, 2007

MAY 2007

Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Tuxie Tuesday (x2)
Abby and I are spending some quality time together. It is very important to spend time with your child. I'm finding being a parent is extremely tiring. When I want to nap, she wants to play! I have more pictures to show you. Most are blurry but if you can get past the blurriness they're very cute and sweet! You'll want to go AWWWW again!! Love, Beau


Thursday, May 3, 2007
Thursday 13 - Curiosity
13 Things I am curious about: 1) what's under the bed; 2) what's in the closet; 3) what's in the fridge; 4) what's going on outside; 5) what's mom fixing in the kitchen; 6) what's in the cabinets; 7) who's at the door; 8) who is going up/down the outside stairs; 9) what's that noise; 10) what's mom typing; 11) who's mom talking to on the phone; 12) when is my food and water bowls going to be refilled; and 13) when is my box going to be cleaned. Love, Beau

Friday, May 4, 2007
I'm a Thinking Blogger!!
I have been given the thinking Blogger Award...both by Beau Beau and Angie and by Karen Jo. Thank you both!! Here is what you have to do: 1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,2. Link to
this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog). So, now I have to think of 5 bloggers that really make me think...and THAT takes a lot of thinking itself to narrow it down to just 5!! Okay, I'm going to pick Mia & Ghost because they always mention others who need our thoughts and prayers; HotMBC because they have lots of good information for us, and they're always thinking about and helping others; Max and William teach me how to be snarkier and get into more things; and, Dragonheart because I learn a lot about Sphynx and other hairless cats from him. I'll be tagging these people later, but mom says I've taken way too much time on the computer & I have to get off now. Love, Beau

Friday, May 18, 2007
Friday Facts
Mom thought I'd better do a new post before everyone (who hasn't already) thinks we've died or something. We're fine...just taking a break (again). Mom now has to take stuff now to keep the pressure in her blood lower. In the meantime while they were trying to decide what to do about that, she thinks she may have gotten a knee mick again. She has that appointment next month. Anyway, enough about her. This is MY blog, and you're obviously here to read about ME!! So, I've recently been tagged several times for the 7 Random Facts. It's been kind of hard thinking of stuff that isn't already known. I'll do my best. 1) My favorite bird is the very small brown chirpy bird with the black throat. (Sparrow?) 2) I'm 7 1/2 years old. 3) My favorite thing to do is snuggle up to mom when she's sleeping. 4) I have 2 round nap beds, 3 featherbutt mousies, and 3 fishing poles. 5) Soon I will have 2 nap mats instead of one!! 6) The recently shown green/white/black quilt on Millie's blog (with the birds and cats on it) is mine!! 7) Even though it's sometimes lonely, I like being an only cat because I get all the attention, love, toys, food, etc. 8) Mom was not my first owner. A neighbor guy of mom's had me first, and he got me from his girlfriend who picked me out of a litter that was searching for a forever home. 9) I have a live catnip plant. OOPS!! I just realized I went over seven...oh well! If anyone hasn't been tagged and wants to you're tagged. Anyway, we're fine and to those who've inquired, "Thank you!" We deeply appreciate it and glad we're missed!! Love, Beau


Thursday, May 24, 2007
Thursday 13 -- Updates
Since it's been almost a week (believe it or not) since we've posted, I thought I better update you on us before panic sets in on our friends again! SOOOO, I thought I'd do 13 updates (if I can think of that many)!! 1) My Gizzy quilt came yesterday and it's way more beautiful in person! When mom figures out how to upload pictures with our new camera, we will post pictures. 2) I've been watching lots and LOTS of birdies outside! 3) The guy that comes 2x a year to make sure our cool/hot air works okay came yesterday. As usual, I hissed and poufed my fur at him. He has 4 cats and a dock sand, and mom told him she thinks I do it because I smell 4 strange cats on him. Maybe..but I just don't like him in our place. 4) I hope to have a party soon for people to come see my Gizzy quilt, and also the blue crochet nap mat DKM made for me a year ago. I have to wait until mom is better though. 5) Speaking of mom, she now has to take medicine to keep the pressure on her blood lower. 6) In 3 weeks, she sees the v-e-t to find out if she is a knee mick again. 7) Next week she sees a physical therapist. 8) All of these health things are getting her down. 9) Mom has been asked to make jewelry for 2 upcoming events so she's making lots. Anyway, enough about her, back to ME ME ME!! 10) I told mom she has to move her jewelry page off my archives because it's MY blog, not hers and she needs to get her own stuff, so she will be moving it soon. 11) I'm thinking about selling sprigs of my catnip plant in an effort to help mom with money. 12) I really miss my friends when I'm not online. I get VERY lonely!! And last, 13) I want to give a HUUUGE shout out and thanks to Dragonheart for stepping up and working extremely hard on the (N) TGH for me. It is SOOOO deeply appreciated!! YOU TOTALLY ROCK!! And also thanks to Samantha for also stepping up and helping him. Bless you!! Love, Beau


Monday, May 28, 2007
Remembering......
Those whose lives were lost in war (estimated amount)...
Revolutionary War - 217,000 served / 6,188 wounded / 4,435 deaths
War of 1812 - 286,730 served / 4,505 wounded / 2,260 deaths
Mexican War - 78.718 served / 4,152 wounded / 1,733 deaths
Civil War (both sides) 3,213,363 served/ 354,805 wounded/ 191,963 deaths
Spanish Amer. War - 306,760 served / 1,662 wounded / 385 deaths
WW1 - 4,734,991 served / 204,002 wounded/ 53,402 deaths
WW2 - 16,112,566 served/ 671,846 wounded/ 291,557 deaths
Korean Conflict - 5,720,000 served/ 103,284 wounded/ 33,741 deaths
Vietnam Conflict - 8,744,000 served/ 153,303 wonded/ 47,424 deaths
Persian Gulf War - 2,225,000 served/ 467 wounded/ 147 deaths
Iraq War (present ongoing): Total (at time website updated) - 3455 (and still counting) **These are only low ESTIMATES and do not count civilians, journalists, etc., & pets.

No comments: